To buy more of a basket you have invested in, follow these steps:
1. Go to the ‘My baskets’ tab and select the basket.
2. On the next screen, choose the ‘Buy more’ option.
3. Here, you have three options to choose from while buying more: Starfolio Weight, Portfolio Weight and Custom Weight.
- Starfolio Weight: This option brings your basket back to the closest possible weights of the stocks, as it was in the original Starfolio basket. This is useful when stock prices have fluctuated since your initial investment, resulting in changes to the weights of the stocks in your basket.
For example, let's assume that you have invested in a basket with five stocks with equal weightage of 20%. Over time as share prices change, the weights of the stocks in your basket may change as well.
One stock for instance, could rise sharply relative to others in the basket, making its current weight much higher than the original weight (20% in this case).
Similarly, another stock could fall sharply, bringing its weight in the basket below the original 20%.
When you want to buy more of this basket and choose the ‘Starfolio weight’ option, the platform will try to bring the weight of each stock in your portfolio back to 20% - the original Starfolio weights.
To do this, fewer shares of the stock which went up and more shares of the falling stock will be bought. This will help align your invested basket back to the Starfolio basket weight.
- Portfolio Weight:This option lets you buy more of your invested basket while maintaining the current stock weights of the portfolio you have attached to the Starfolio basket.
For example, in the ‘portfolio weight’ option, let's assume you have invested in a basket with five stocks with equal weightage of 20%. As share prices change, the weights of the stocks in your basket may change because of disproportionate price shifts.
One stock in the basket, for instance, could rise sharply, making its weight much higher than its original weight in the Starfolio basket (20% in this case).
Similarly, a sharp fall in the price of a stock could bring its weight in the basket below the original 20%.
If you choose to buy more through the ‘Portfolio Weight’ mode, the current weights of stocks in your basket will be maintained as much as possible as you buy more. This means more shares of the rising stock will be bought (because of its current higher weight), and fewer shares of the falling stock will be bought (because of its current lower weight in the basket).
- Custom Weight: This option gives you full control over the weights of stocks in your invested basket. You can change the weights of stocks according to your preferences, and also add new investments into your basket as you buy more.
4. Based on how much you want to invest and your selection, the platform will show you the minimum and closest ideal investment amount needed to buy more of the invested basket. This will ensure that the weights of your basket align with the option you have chosen.
5. After reviewing the changes, click ‘Proceed’ to confirm the order. Your broker will execute the order at the available market price.
The baskets invested in are available in the Active basket list. Select the basket which you want to sell. You can sell the Starfolio basket completely or partially.